Background

January 18, 2011

In the beginning there was hardship.....

This is my first post of my first blog......ever. Why NOW did I decide to start a blog? Financial hardship. I am 25 years old, just moved out of Mom and Dad's; I'm finally starting to know the true meaning of a dollar. I've been living with my boyfriend for only a few months now and it's been tough (especially with an active 4-year old running around). Although my boyfriend and I both work, having to put food on the table, paying rent, utilities, cable, internet, and all of the other bills that trickle into the household is no easy task.

So for the past couple of weeks, I've been brainstorming on how I can get some extra income into the household. I asked myself, "Jessica....what is it that you do best?" My mind went blank......and I still could not think of anything.

Yes, I'm crafty, but not to the point where I can sell a product online.
Yes, I give good relationship advice when close friends ask for my opinion. But to tell you the truth, some men and women out there have some major issues. I definitely didn't want to go that route.
I'm a pretty good cook, but most of the time I'm searching for recipes instead of creating my own.

I was bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out what I could do. I stopped thinking about it for a while and decided to visit the usual favorite sites to read up on tips, recipes, shooping deals, coupons, etc. etc. And then it clicked! DING! I can create a blog to where mothers my age can visit to read up on tips, craft ideas, recipies, shopping deals, and so on and so forth. So this is when I created Generation Y: Moms Helping Moms.

I would like for readers to comment with their own opinions or ideas as well as e-mail me questions that they may have, which I'll post to have other readers answer. My intentions are to blog at least everyday or every other day. Once I start to get the hang of it, I'll add more and more to the blog.

If you enjoy Generation Y: Moms Helping Moms, please pass it on for others. If you don't like it, let me know! I'm welcome to all comments positive or negative! Thanks for your feedback :)

No comments: