February 11, 2011
7 Signs That Your Child Loves You
1) Your newborn stares into your eyes. He's actually working hard to memorize your face. He doesn't understand anything else about the world, but he knows you're important.
2) Your baby thinks about you even when you're not around. Between 8 and 12 months old, he'll start to scrunch his face and look around when you leave the room; and he'll smile when your return.
3) Your toddler throws wicked tantrums. Nope, those screaming fits don't mean he's stopped loving you. He wouldn't be so hurt and angry if he didn't trust you so deeply.
4) Your toddler runs to you for comfort when he falls down or feels sad. Kids this age may not truly understand the meaning of "I love you," but their actions speak louder than their words.
5) Your preschooler gives you a flower picked from the garden, a finger-painted heart, a sparkly rock, or another gift.
6) Your preschooler wants your approval. He'll start to be more cooperative around the house, and he'll look for chances to impress. "Look at me!" will become a catch phrase.
7) Your grade-schooler trusts you with secrets, like his first crush or his embarrassing moment. You're his confidante, even if he shies away from your hugs in public.